Aggregate and edit is the fastest way to group objects for a bulk update or look in a group for individual updates. Groupings are created based on field values and allow you to make updates to all objects within those groups. This is an extremely easy way to standardize text fields or transfer data to new fields. Aggregate is also a fast way to filter, maintaining visibility, creating groupings and then viewing the objects within the groupings.
How to Update:
- The first step is to make a mass update. Go to the groupings tab and choose the field you would like to group by. For example, select “State/Region” on the Contact level.
- Click the checkbox beside the field value/values you would like to update and standardize.
- Scroll down to to the update tab and select which field you are going to change. Enter the new value, then click “Update All...”.
- The second step is to make individual updates within a group. The same as step before, select the group that you would like to make updates within.
- Then scroll below the update tab to view each account within the selected group.
- Click the checkbox beside the accounts you would like to update then go t the update tab.
- Choose the field value, in this case “Contact Owner”, input the new value and click “Update Selected Contacts”.