Insycle has a fully automated, adaptive and tunable algorithm to manage API calls to ensure reliable and predictable operation and to avoid overuse or potential impact to other apps.
In the same way that Insycle provides unified interface to manage data across connected apps, Insycle implements unified controls to manage API use.
Throughout its operations Insycle monitors API usage in realtime and offers the following controls:
- Watermark: safety net to avoid running out of APIs. When remaining API calls reach this threshold, Insycle stops making API calls. The Watermark can be specified using percentage of available APIs, a fixed number, or both.
- Quota: pre-set the number of API calls that Insycle can make in a day, once the quota is exhausted Insycle stops making API calls. The Quota can be specified using percentage of available APIs, a fixed number, or both.
Insycle automatically meters and logs any API call and has alert system in place.
At any point our team will be able to provide detailed breakdown and analysis of the API calls made by Insycle.
API Usage Screen
To review API usage and configuration in realtime go to API Usage under Settings.
- Used: number of API calls consumed by Insycle today
- Quota: number of API calls allocated to Insycle
- Watermark: minimal number of APIs that need to be available. If remaining APIs is below that value, Insycle will pause and not consume APIs.
- Overall Used: number of API consumed by all apps in your org (including Insycle).
- Overall Quota: number of API calls available to all app.