Insycle offers a simple and flexible way to import data. Here are the highlights:
- Interactive: view import data on the screen, map columns to fields, edit values, global find & replace, filter rows, sort by any column.
- Safe: validate data before uploading, highlight mismatching picklists, avoid creating duplicates and dedup existing.
- Flexible: match csv rows with existing records by any field(s). For example: email, phone number, date of birth, first and last name, or any other primary key(s).
- Simple: organize data by views to make it easy to import valid csv rows and fix bad ones. Import by name, Insycle will automatically match names to IDs.
- Controlled: select import mode and primary keys to ensure expected outcome: update existing, upsert (update if exists and otherwise create), create new.
Select CSV File
Click to select CSV file to upload. The rows data will show on the screen instantly.
Map Column Names to Field Names
Columns that haven't been mapped automatically can be mapped manually (or removed if not needed).
Before: see "Title" and "Company Name" columns in green below.
After: notice that Insycle automatically matched company names to Company records in HubSpot when Associated Company ID field is selected. You can click a hyperlink to open the company in HubSpot
Select Matching Field(s)
Select one or more fields to match the csv rows with existing records. We do that to ensure that no duplicate records are created as part of the import.
Before: see in green, matching field is required.
After: here selected to match contacts by first name + last name + phone number.
Insycle looks up the matching records and the values become hyperlinks, you can click a hyperlink to open the contact in HubSpot.
Pick Action and View
Pick the import mode:
- "Update" requires matching record to exist. If matching record doesn't exist, the rows will show as an error.
- "Create" requires matching record to NOT exist. If matching record already exists, the rows will show as an error.
- "Upsert" is flexible, it will try to match with existing record. If matching record is found it will update it, if not a new record will be created.
Then pick the View:
- "All" show all rows
- "Valid" shows only rows with valid rows, so you can import them first.
- "Warnings" shows rows with validation errors that need to be fixed before import.
- "Success" shows rows that were imported successfully
- "Errors" shows rows that failed to import.
Here is the "Valid" view for "Update" mode. 129 contacts are ready to be imported.
Here is the "Warnings" view for "Update" mode. Warnings have explanation, here there's no matching record for first name + last name + phone and because it's "Update" mode and no matching record is found, the row is highlighted as warning.
Import Valid Rows
Best practice is to first import all the valid rows. With one click you can import them all. On success you'll see green check icon next to each row.
Fix Warning Rows
You can use Find & Replace to update the data before import, use grid edit to change one or more rows, choose valid picklist values from dropdown, and more.
Review Import Result
Select "Success" and "Errors" view accordingly to review import results. Fix and tweak data as needed to complete the import.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which date formats are supported?
A. Insycle attempts to match date value using multiple format in the following order:
- Date time with timezone: 2018-07-19T23:25:45.671-0400
- Date time in UTC timezone: 2018-07-19T10:15:30Z
- Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2018-07-19 or 2018/07/09
- Date (M-D-YYYY): 07-19-2018 or 7/19/2018
Q. Which values are supported for boolean checkbox?
A. Yes/True and No/False.