Table of Contents
- Merge Duplicate Users and Leads in Intercom
- Deduplicate across Leads and Users
- Intercom Merge Logic
- Customized Merge Logic
- Additional Resources
Merge Duplicate Users and Leads in Intercom
For a step-by-step guide about the deduplication tool and process, please see the help article Bulk merge duplicate people, companies
Deduplicate across Leads and Users
It is possible to deduplicate across leads and users.
- Open the Merge Duplicates Module.
- Pick "Users" record type.
- In Step 1 Check "Include Leads"
Intercom Merge Logic
When merging Lead<>User, Insycle uses the underlying Intercom merge API
When merging Lead<>Lead or User<>User, Insycle performs a synthetic merge:
- Open conversations: Duplicate contacts will be detached from open conversations, and the master contact will be attached to those conversations.
- Closed conversations: Copy all closed conversations from duplicate contacts and create a note per conversation in the master contact (Notes are searchable in Intercom).
- Tags: Assigned from duplicates to master.
- Companies: Assigned from duplicates to master.
- Notes: Copied from the duplicates and created in the master.
- Events: Copied from the duplicates and created in the master.
- Fields (for example, phone number): Retained from the master. When a field value is empty in the master it picks a non-empty value from the most recently updated duplicate automatically. When in doubt about conflicting field values, include those fields in the CSV report by adding them to the Master Selection section and their values would show on the audit trail.
Customized Merge Logic
It is possible to customize the merge logic. For example, to instruct it to keep values from the master record instead of the most recently updated value, or copy values from one field to another as part of the merge, or any other.
Customized merge logic requires an Enterprise plan.
Please reach out via chat to discuss your specific requirements.