Did you know that now you can integrate Insycle Recipes into HubSpot Workflow Builder in order to prevent data issues at entry time automatically?
For example, cleanse, format, deduplicate contact data immediately when a visitor fills out a form and before the nurturing email is sent.
Basic Set Up
In HubSpot, under Automation>Workflows, pick an existing workflow or create a new one.
Click the + symbol to add a new action. From the list of Available actions search for "insycle" and pick "Insycle - Run Recipe". If you cannot find Insycle, use the Connect an app tab to find and connect Insycle.
After picking "Insycle - Run Recipe", you'd see a list of your Recipes including default Recipes suggested by Insycle.
For example, pick "Cleanse Contacts - Basic Recipe" which is a simple recipe that formats the first name with proper case capitalization, clears generic first names (admin, sales, info, etc.), alerts about typo in the email address, removes spam contacts, and more.
For a complete description of a recipe, open Recipes in Insycle.
Lastly, save and activate the workflow. From now on, HubSpot will send contacts, companies, or deals that meet the workflow criteria to Insycle which will run the relevant Recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take for Insycle to process an event? Insycle processes events in batch every 5 minutes.
- Does HubSpot wait for Insycle to complete processing the action before moving to the next action/step? Yes. HubSpot waits for Insycle to complete the recipe. In the example above, before the Welcome email is sent, the contact data is cleansed and formatted by Insycle.
- Where can I see whether Recipe ran for a particular contact? In HubSpot, open the "History" tab and look for the "This action was initiated." event. Within few minutes it would also show a "Successfully executed" event, see sample workflow history screenshot below. In addition, you can find an audit trail in the Activity Tracker in Insycle.
- How can I test it with just one contact? Use HubSpot's "Enroll" button to manually enroll a specific contact, see more in Manually enroll records in workflows
- What is a Recipe? Insycle allows you to string together individual tasks (Templates) into a longer sequence (Recipes), which can then be automated to run on a set schedule. Essentially, Recipes allow you to automate multiple tasks to run together in a specific order. Read more about Why Data Management Is So Time-Consuming And How Recipes Can Help
- Can I trigger a Recipe when a new contact is created or update, even when they do not submit a form? Yes, you can use any property or activate to trigger HubSpot workflow enrollment, see more in Set your workflow enrollment triggers
- My recipe ran successfully, why was the data not updated in HubSpot? In Insycle, open the relevant recipe and make sure it is set to run in "Update" mode, see Recipe running "Mode" steps and screenshot below. Also, as mentioned above Insycle processes events in batch every 5 minutes, it may need few more minutes to complete the batch.
- HubSpot help article: Choose your workflow action
Hubspot Workflow History showing sample execution flow
- Contact enrolled at 11:26am
- Insycle Recipe action initiated at 11:26am
- Insycle completed running the Recipe at 11:29am
- HubSpot sent welcome email at 11:29am
- Workflow completed for the contact at 11:29am
Insycle Recipe "Cleanse Contacts - Basic Recipe"
Templates included in the default Recipe "Cleanse Contacts - Basic Recipe"
Recipe running "Mode"
Recipes can run in "Preview" or "Update" mode.
- "Preview" - For analysis purposes, no data is modified.
- "Update" - Data in HubSpot will be updated.
Click the yellow "Review" button to change a Recipe's mode and then save.